Sunday, August 5, 2012

Random Updates

Whoa. Chard on horse manure.

OK, on the left is a parsnip, on the right are some chioggia beets. So what the heck is in between? Hint - It was in the beet rows.


Yep. I grew cauliflower. Think I let it go too long, it's a little too cabbagy - but it's the first cauliflower I've ever grown and I'm very pleased. There are 3 more heads out there.

This is what the tomato bed looks like. This is one heck of a solar energy collector.


Dad-gum-it! Ground Hogs! Or, if you are my two-year-old "Hot Dogs!" (He knows what a hot dog is but since it's the closest thing to ground hog that he can actually say I guess he decided it was close enough.)

Oooo.. Edie, don't get too close! That guy is MAD!

Mmmm... I didn't do a good job with potatoes this year. But these are the harvest from the ones I didn't find last year. They grew happily in the garlic patch.

Jimsonweed. Poisonous. Note to self.



No comments:

Post a Comment